Essential services provider looking for a Lead Mechanic/Technician to join our San Jose location.
We are the premier mobile fueling company in California. Our customers include Fed Ex, UPS, Costco, Stanford University and many others. We have enjoyed strong year-over-year growth for the past 27 years, expanding our fleet each year. We are proud to offer a culture that is professionally operated but family-oriented providing work/life balance Monday through Friday.
Reports to Fleet Manager as Mechanic to service and maintain our fleet of Dodge Ram 3500 and 5500 diesel trucks and trailers in the San Jose area. Role includes troubleshooting vehicle issues, performing repairs, routine inspections and maintenance, and supervising a junior mechanic. As lead mechanic, you will enjoy the autonomy to take ownership of your role and manage it independently. You'll enjoy leadership support, resources at the dealership level, and the ability to work with Mechanics at our other locations.
- Inspect vehicles and identify malfunctions.
- Perform routine services.
- Daily visual vehicle inspections.
- Repair vehicles as needed.
- Enter daily repairs and services into computer-based fleet tracking system.
- Follow all stipulated industry safety regulations.
- Work with the Fleet Manager to maintain inventory of spare parts.
- Work with the Operation Managers to prioritize truck repairs and uptime.
- Ensure requirements for CHP are maintained and accurate.
- Clean and organize shop and office daily.
- 5 to 7 Years of hands-on experience as a mechanic maintaining and repairing diesel vehicles.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification or related applicable training and/or certifications.
- Ability to meet CHP and DOT compliance requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, suspension, and motor issues.
- Ability to communicate issues and timelines for repairing vehicles.
- Ability to partner with Drivers, Operations, Mechanics, Dealerships, etc.
- Ability to manage junior mechanic.
- Ability to use computer-based maintenance system to log of services and repairs.
- Bilingual Spanish skills is a plus.
- California driver’s license.
- Monday through Friday
- 8AM to 5PM
- Overtime available
- Up to $35/HR
- Overtime available
Great compensation -- In addition to a competitive pay, we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation and holiday pay, weekly paychecks and much more.
Call us at (888) 327 -9383 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below: